Saturday, April 25, 2009

Grandma is getting weak...

Today we visited your Great Grandmama Janna. You were very busy in her little room in The Pines - a retirement home for older folks. Grandma was diagnosed last week with breast cancer and this past week they told us that it is in her lungs, there are spots on her liver, etc. Grandma has been getting weak and more and more tired over the last year or so. And rightly so. Something was seen in 2007 and they scheduled a mammogram but Grandma cancelled that. So this cancer has been growing for 2 years and she is getting worn down. The doctor says it's a real blessing that she isn't in a lot of pain. They are giving her weeks to live but they don't know how tough Grandma is. I do hope she doesn't do a lot more suffering. She will be 91 this Summer. We are praying for you Grandma and we love you, aj, Joe, & Janna Macie

4 comments:

Kristen said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. Bless her. May her last days with you be a blessing and pain-free. Prayers for you all.

Shylo said...

Oh AJ, I'm so sorry. I will be praying for your Grandma and your family.

JennyH said...

How is she doing AJ?


Did you have a good b-day?

Leslie said...

I'm sorry your Grandma is not doing well. Praying for all of you!

Hugs
Leslie